- All Projects
- A Little Bit More About Sue
- What is the most rewarding aspect of what I do?
- I'm a Geek and I know it…
- What Do I Do Exactly?
- What’s My Industry?
- What do I love to do? What’s my niche?
- I want to help your company do the things you do better than you did yesterday!
- In 1 minute, describe who you are?
- What will…
- 10 Things Important to Me in a Job
- Reverse Job Description
907-707-5654 | [email protected] | www.sue-a-darby.com
Business Analyst | Technical Writer | Software Support
I am seeking full time work and have over 20 years of experience as an advanced computer user and writer. I have been proven to be detail oriented in determining the requirements for both users and technical staff providing a unique bridge between management and technical staff. Creative in the use of technology to solve problems and create detailed business processes.
Areas of expertise include:
Content Management Systems Cloud Tools Procedures Programming Social Media Diagrams Databases Office Suites Data Tracking Graphic Arts Data Analytics Tracking Systems Operating Systems Technical Writing Sewing Problem Solving
Senior Services Technician State of Alaska 2014-2017(update 2019)
Sue Darby performs a variety of support and technical functions in the administration of the Provider Certification & Compliance Unit for the Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver and Personal Care Assistance program. This position provides support and assistance to program managers and is responsible for program specific work of a senior service oriented agency, develops and maintains systems to track certification information and prepares reports for professional staff which are used internally and externally. The position serves a key role in the Provider Certification Unit as related to regulatory compliance, client health and safety, and continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain and QC 1500+ files ensuring all items required by regulation are present in folders
- Process 1500+ incoming applications, distribute to reviewers and issue reminder letters to providers who are untimely
- Sort and filter 500+ emails monthly ensuring each is categorized correctly for processing by myself or team members
- Process over 5,000 files for archives or off site storage equaling over 160 cubic feet of paper
- Master user for MS Office 2003-2013 including testing of newer computer builds for IT as super user
- Create and maintain system generated reports for Provider Certification & Compliance Unit process of certification of Medicaid provider applicants, waivers, onsite provider reviews, and other quality assurance processes.
- Develops Certification forms for internal use and edits Certification Application forms ensuring accessibility for the public.
- Provides technical assistance to applicants and providers regarding certification application process, setting up Background Check accounts, and corresponding with the SDS fiscal agent for billing purposes.
- Participates in planning and developing system work orders to improve systems support for the unit.
- Build Master Site Review Tool improving data collection and notification efficiency by 85%
- Maintain calendar and email management for team tracking during travel
“Other Duties as Assigned”
- Builds & maintains UMLs of unit processes, writes or updates written processes as assigned
- Archives SME and SharePoint site Administrator working with IT for improvements and troubleshooting issues
- Unit SharePoint Administrator and Manager building tools to track processes that internal DS3 database does not currently
- SME called on to define unit needs for reporting in new database system during development stages
- Participated in user testing of database in development following scripts and offering feedback on usability and functionality
Office Assistant I/II State of Alaska 2008-2014
Administrative support for 10-15 professionals providing tasks such as mail outs, mail merges, email management and filing support. Also provided team leadership to Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Mature Alaskans Seeking Skills Training participants teaching a variety of clerical and computer skills and offering assistance as necessary. Progressed from a level I to a level II Office Assistant within about a year of starting with the State of Alaska. Quickly became a sought out subject matter expert in Excel, archiving, SharePoint and certification application processing.
- Responds to and takes appropriate action when within prescribed parameters, redirects to the correct professional staff when beyond knowledge base or those parameters, routes various emails to specific professional staff for decisions and action.
- Monitors Provider Certification email inbox which is the publicly posted email and web portal for all providers and applicants. Various reports of incidents, inquiries, complaints and questions flow through this email and must be routinely monitored and re-routed.
- Serves as subject matter expert on records retention procedures and archiving/off-site storage processes and advises professional staff on these procedures.
- Electronic & hard copy file management, confidential record requests
- Database management, maintains systems to ensure data integrity.
- Serves as lead in selecting, training and oversight of DVR, MAAST and administrative support
- Ensures procedures are updated as shared electronic documents for the unit.
- Assists with printing, copying, mass mailings, and organizing materials for meetings, training sessions, investigations, and site reviews or provides lead support to supportive staff.
- Provides support and maintenance of the unit`s copiers, fax machines and other machinery in the office. Conducts routine maintenance, troubleshooting and periodic repair status checks. Facilitates repair calls as necessary.
- Prepares materials for dissemination to providers, including recertification notifications, prepares mailing lists, merges documents, tracks and archives mailing lists for compliance history.
- Keeps Provider Certification records and files organized and complete. Ongoing filing and policy and procedures toward electronic record keeping.
- Provides records copies for various records requests for criminal cases, public requests, etc. Ensure complete records are provided.
- Provides detailed information on program regulations; advises the public on program applicability and requirements; explains related laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to potential providers; advises and assists potential providers in setting up services.
Career Development Mentor & Computer Instructor Nine Star Education & Employment 2006-2008
Sue Darby, was an AmeriCorps Member, in the Career Development Center of Nine Star Education and Employment Services. Sue brought to the Career Development Center a variety of skills gained as an owner of a small business, including a high level of personalized customer service, and the ability to teach life skills, as well as computer skills, to a diverse group of customers.
- Cut Management Information Systems input time by 50%
- Create templates used for generating reports
- Input clients into File Maker Pro via Citrix
- Brainstorm ways to streamline the administrative processes
- Answer phones & questions from the public
- Develop class curriculum
- Teach computer classes
- Aid students in preparation for the MOS exams
- Answer student questions about various software
Career Development Mentor
- Teaches goal setting workshops
- Confers with clients to determine what program will be most helpful
- Assesses clients for barriers and brainstorm ways to overcome them
- Drafts and edits resumes, cover letters and other business correspondence
- Directs clients to appropriate resources and assists clients in their use of outside assistance
- Assists clients in registration for and use of the ALEXSYS system for the Department of Labor
- Conducts job-matching to find good fit between clients and hiring companies
Business Owner, Technical Writer, Author, Webmaster Sue’s Tiny Costumes 1996-Present
Sue’s Tiny Costumes makes patterns in the micro scale from 1/2″ tall baby dolls to 18″ lady doll patterns. Sue Darby owns and operates the business and has since 1996. She has published 2 books to the Library of Congress “Pattern Drafting for Miniatures” and “Pattern Making for Dolls”. In addition to these books she has self-published over 100 patterns for dolls and been featured multiple times in doll and miniature magazines. Each pattern takes many hours of planning and work from design concept, to measuring and drafting the pattern for the doll both by hand and by computer, to testing the pattern and writing the technical instructions for others to complete the same design. Beyond these basics for each pattern are diagrams of sewing techniques and photography of the finished items for both the pattern and for her website, social media channels and other marketing material.
- Project planning of technical books and patterns
- Project management of pattern drafting projects
- Published author of 2 books and over 100 sewing patterns
- Photography of finished items for patterns and website
- Website design, development and management including new content and security
Awards & Publications
- International Doll Magazine, Pattern Consultant 6 published patterns 2004-2005
- Dolls In Miniature- article 2005
- Doll Castle News- article 2005
- State Fair 2005 Little Bo Peep and her Sheep (Kitty Collier & Tiny Betsy)
Business Owner, Webmaster, Virtual Assistant Alaska Office Specialists 2008-Present
Alaska Office Specialists started as a virtual assistant service and has morphed into a website management service for craft businesses. Sue Darby who owns and operates the business uses her unique skill set to build and manage websites for other businesses who sell or make crafts. This can include hosting sites or updating already built sites. It is her experience with her own craft businesses that gives her the insight necessary to keep a crafting business site running.
- WordPress management, installation, updates and security of 10+ sites
- HTML editing and scratch coding including using Bootstrap Framework or other systems
- CSS editing and scratch coding using various frameworks
- FTP management of websites
- Social Media management including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn both manually and with Hootsuite
- Manage content on cloud based services such as DropBox, Google Drive, Toodledo and others
Webmaster iA3 2015-2016
Recruited to work on iA3’s website during the start up phase for website management and content development
- Facebook and Twitter account management
- Gaining technical knowledge and expertise regarding the hardware and software of the iA3 EdgeBrain a micro PC controlling industrial level water systems