Data Analyst, Business Analyst & Technical Writer
PowerBI, OneDrive, Teams, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint, Visio, Star UML, Visual Studio Code, GitHub, Adobe Pro, Google Drive Office Suite, Databases, Access, Project, OneNote, WordPress, PHP, Dropbox, Dreamweaver, FileZilla, Corel Draw Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Slack, Trello, PHPMyAdmin, Visual Basic.NET, Freemind, Gmail HubSpot
Data Science, Customer Centric Service, Self-motivated, Attention to Details, Mentor Team Members, Time Management, Organization Skills, Marketing
Continuing Education Topics
Alpha Beta Kappa, Dean’s List, Perfect Attendance
B.S. Degree in Business Management & Technology: Concentration in Business Applications
B.S. Degree in Business Management & Technology
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Science : Concentration in Business Applications
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Management Practice
Certificate in Computerized Office Associate
Certificate in Computerized Office Specialist
Microsoft Office Master Certification
Clean Mal ~ As part of a small group within a larger team responsible for correctly parenting public sector and commercial accounts. Detailed research and analysis required to ensure compliance with established business rules. Use of multiple internal systems including MSRA, Calc and SDS for reports and processing. Processed approximately 300 accounts per month.
Settings compliance ~ Development of a single tool to capture data, aggregate, and generate individualized notices. Development of a macro to take 1000+ final notices to a mass email merge of PDF files. Additional tool developed for compiling statistics and tracking the progress of the project for reporting. This includes documenting the process and training the team. Time savings for team of 66%.
Application Tracking System ~ Created an interim data tracking system using SharePoint to measure the time frames for processing applications. The in-house database did not have this function. I trained co-workers in use of various views and troubleshoot system as necessary as site admin. Team efficacy improvement 74%.
System is used for generating reports on where applications and changes are in the processes. This system is being used as inspiration and a guide for building new reports within the Harmony System.
CPR Waivers ~ Built tracking system in SharePoint to track requests for CPR & First Aid Waivers from providers. System brought abuse of the process to management’s attention and generated regulatory changes. System was incorporated into Harmony Database during development.
Habilitation Homes Project ~ A specific type of provider was not found in the main database, DS3. This project modified the database, collected the missing information, entered it and connected it correctly and developed several reports to track the missing data and ensure the integrity of the data moving forward. Added over 450 new contracted providers to system increasing tracking of vulnerable adult and child safety.
In addition to the initial entry and connections for each contracted home, maintenance for each record is conducted as the host agency is recertified. Additionally, reports have been created to track and more easily see which homes contract with each agency or agencies. This ensures there is less fraud and Medicaid abuse.
While the new database, Harmony was being developed, I was consulted on the connections, reports and data needs of this group of providers.
Archives ~ As the division subject matter expert was part of the development of the SharePoint Site that tracks all the files that are sent to Archives or Off-Site Storage. Working closely with the techs I helped find and fix bugs in an older system for calculating retention times, update the form to match the required form for Archiving and work as an administrator of the site adding new team members to the site. Archived over 3,000 provider files.
Previously the Archive SharePoint site, built in SharePoint 2007 and converted to 2010 was not computing retention times correctly. I took the lead to work with the SharePoint Developers to update and improve the system. In the process working closely to test and deploy fixes and becoming a site admin for the test and production sites due to my knack for finding the problems or suggesting where the issue might be within the code. When the new system, Harmony went live in 2018 this system was retired.
Critical Incident Reports ~ In 2009 the State of Alaska implemented mandatory reporting of neglect, abuse and fraud for vulnerable adults. There initially was no process in place to track the incoming reports. I developed a spreadsheet that tracked basic data and over time modified repeatedly to generate various types of information for the Commissioner (state) and (CMS) Center for Medicaid & Medicare Services (federal) level reporting. Based on my system IT built a SharePoint site and then built the process into Harmony during development. Tracked 1,000+ incidents resulting in increases in safety for vulnerable adults and children.
Websites, Programming & Technical Writing
- Configure and troubleshoot Form Ranger to include limits on students per class and automated spreadsheet tracking system
- Resumes, book outlines, graphics, job trackers, & project plans
- Author, illustrate, & diagram instructions & articles for all readers
- Track and analyze Google Analytics data for all sites, troubleshooting SEO, and other metrics as needed
- 5+ Websites are demonstrations of website coding, writing, and maintenance
- Install, setup, manage content creation, SEO and maintain look, security, and functionality of 10+ websites
Alaska Collaborative for Telehealth & Telemedicine
The Alaska Collaborative of Telehealth and Telemedicine (AKCTT) is a statewide, non-profit, non-partisan forum committed to developing a coordinated, interagency approach to standardized telehealth care delivery in remote and urban Alaskan communities.
- Facilitate communication between board, directors and members
- Organize and maintain records for non-profit; schedule meetings and record and distribute minutes and collaborate to develop agenda
- Create promotional materials for outreach events
2018 - Present
Barony Of Ravenstone
Order of the Rose
- Design and construct Heraldry Banners for Ravenstone, Astral Winds, Lupine Moon, Frozen Coast, and IceFire Bay for use at Court Events and Games
- Lead Arts & Sciences group in constructing
- Game tabards
- Introduction to sewing course
- 30 belt favors
- Design, draft, test, and constructed court garb loosely based on historic garments
- Order of the Rose Award for Service to the Realm
Sue’s Tiny Costumes
Technical Writer, Author
Sue’s Tiny Costumes makes patterns in the micro scale from 1/2″ tall baby dolls to 18″ lady doll patterns.
- Project management of a variety of pattern drafting projects
- Published author of 2 books and over 100 sewing patterns
- Photography of finished items for patterns and website
Awards and Publications
- Pattern Making for Dolls ~ Registration Number / Date: TXu001082134 / 2003-02-26
- Pattern Drafting for Miniatures ~ Registration Number / Date: TXu001082114 / 2003-02-26
- International Doll Magazine, Pattern Consultant 6 published patterns 2004-2005
- Dolls In Miniature- article 2005
- Doll Castle News- article 2005
- State Fair 2005 Little Bo Peep and her Sheep (Kitty Collier & Tiny Betsy)
- Anaheim Doll Show – 2nd Place Costuming Letha Marie
Data Analyst for Public Sector Microsoft O365, Azure, and device sales. Tight knit team of 5 caring for managed and unmanaged public sector sales accounts for Microsoft.
- Extensive use of Excel for tracking and reporting using pivot tables, conditional formatting, and filters
- Reporting via MSRA to determine if a request fits in the business rules for processing
- Database management via Calc and SDS (internal systems)
- Developed training materials including documenting business process and flow charts.
- Record training sessions and developed written procedures
- Research of additional accounts that could be parented
- Tested validity, accuracy and consistency of new and existing intelligence data
- Verified and updated account information in company computer system.
- Maintained library of templates and reusable knowledge assets to facilitate business intelligence activities.
- Checked figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper coding.
State of Alaska
Senior Services Data Analyst Technician
Part of a collaborative team of 10-15 professionals and quickly became a sought out subject matter expert in Excel, SharePoint, and process improvements.
- Appointed SharePoint Administrator for 2 sites to develop tools for team including technical documentation for non-technical users
- 66% improvement in workflow processes via macro programming and process design
- 74% time gain for team from programming of tool to track certification process
85% increase in data collection, clean up, and notification efficiency
Nine Star Education & Employment
Computer Instructor & Career Development Specialist
AmeriCorps Member in Career Development Center of Nine Star Education and Employment Services. Delivered a high level of personalized customer service, computer skills to a diverse group of customers.
- Instruct 50+ individuals in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office applications
- 50% improved time management; reduce management’s information systems data entry
- Collect and present computer student statistics and career development data to 60+ professionals