Solano Community College
Just one year of all the things I accomplished! There’s more that I have likely forgotten or discounted as too minor.
- Screenings are more complete with fewer missed items as I have learned to recognize required items
- Initial apps were backed up into October and were fully caught up in mid January for screenings resulting in more initial providers being certified
- Increased use and proficiency with MMIS
- Better personal tracking system for screenings missing items and quicker turnaround on matching incoming items with packets
- More detailed training of MASST in files as team lead
- Increased participation in task committee and additional regular meetings
- Update CIR training regularly
- Decreased turnaround time on CPR waivers to meet ACS/provider needs to get PCAs enrolled
- Attended introduction to supervisor training to increase skills in team leadership with MASST & DVR
- Suggested meetings be recorded and then suggested software to take voice recordings and convert to text.
- Voice recorder and software will be installed on my computer and I am learning how to do this to make meeting minutes easier to produce.
- Assisted in facilitating the replacement of large copier when equipment failed… still in progress
- Setup statistic tracking for CPR waivers based on city, agency etc now in DS3
- Suggest that SDS do a provider survey via Survey monkey modeling the required surveys that providers have to send to us during recertification.. need to do revisions based on feedback. Draft questions for the survey
- Research who to talk to and get the survey online
- Mail merge labels and discover that Word skips one entry per page resulting in the need to adjust mail out lists to ensure that all letters/labels are created
- Suggested HAB home tracker be done using DS3 vs setting up another Excel spreadsheet tracker
- Keep CIR training up to date in DS3
- Keep CPR waiver info in DS3 and up to date (75 waivers from start of calendar year)
- Trained Nancy in file creation/maintenance increased computer proficiency a little
- Will be training both MASST to do Sharepoint Archiving this week
I've been a busy person the last 9 years and this only covers the first 7!
- Compilation of ALL processes into comprehensive procedure manual from start to finish for certification including small side procedures and helpful tools
- User friendly regulations for management and website
- Discovery of new functions in Adobe DC led to time efficiency and additional accuracy for the Compliance team Time cut from multiple hours of work to far less.
- SharePoint Tracking system created as a “stop gap” until new system can go live has processed 1321 items since April 2015 (now Dec 2016) tracking the information that the current database does not. Used as a model for reports to be generated and information tracked in new database system. 254 Initial applications 670 re-certifications have been tracked and processed via the system ensuring there are no applications that are missed
- Having overseen 7 MASST/DVR Participants as part of the team the 8 of us completed a total of 5,515 files for data entry and archives since 2010 when the SharePoint Archiving site went live.
- Prior to that I completed 8 boxes prior to the SP an additional 425 files
- Admin for Archive SharePoint
- 24 boxes of archives send in August 2015
- 500++ record merges for DS3 as of 9/2015
- Adobe Pro used as workaround for date stamper while down
- Adobe Pro document manipulation including merges, splits and workflows
- Built application tracker
- Completed process of making Archive SharePoint CALCULATE retention CORRECTLY and generate a report CORRECTLY!
- Certification box working for team 7/29/15
- Multiple large mail outs for QA
- Configured desktop printer as temporary fax machine while printer was down
- Form redesign
- New printer configuration coordination end of July 2015
- Organized back files of certifications into binders
- Provide technical assistance on multiple certification topics
- Process CPR Waivers
- Train QA on use of Adobe Pro for Bates stamping for hearing paperwork
- HIPAA confidentiality of mail outs during prep for mailings before a provider is sanctioned
Turned Word based Applications into PDF fill in forms for Certification and website
- Report Processes
- Provide archives training to new Admin staff
- Add all work achievements to post or page each month or week
- VM ware class
- Updated code on checklist 9/1/15
- Built CPR waiver tracker
- Maintain enough supplies to ensure unit/division made it through buying freeze
- Run reports from application tracker
- Edit and maintain 46 application forms
- Edit and program in VB.Net checklist and tab divider generator
- Report design and testing Harmony
- User testing Harmony
- Adobe workflow setup
- Create and maintain system generated reports for Provider Certification & Compliance Unit process of certification of Medicaid provider applicants, waivers, onsite provider reviews, and other quality assurance processes.
- Uses various reporting tools to compare data available internally and externally to correct deficiencies in data sets such as providers not showing up on the interactive public Search Tool but are active in the internal DS3 database.
- Participates in planning and developing system work orders to improve systems support for the unit.
- Maintains systems to ensure data integrity.
- Produces reports for management use; assists professional staff in analyzing data and creating reports. Enters and edits data and creates spreadsheets.
- Enter and track data related to provisional background checks of employees in agencies that obtain initial certification approvals.
- Work closely with certification application evaluators to communicate changes in background check status for these individuals for follow up measures.
- Implementation of a centralized repository of required forms and letters into a SharePoint site to use as a resource.
- Develops Certification forms for internal use and edits Certification Application forms ensuring accessibility for the public.
- Builds & maintains UMLs of unit processes, writes or updates written processes as assigned
- Serves as lead in selecting, training and oversight of DVR and MAAST administrative support volunteers
- Develops Universal Modeling Language (UML) tools for clarifying processes. Ensures procedures are updated as shared electronic documents for the unit.
- Assists with printing, copying, mass mailings, and organizing materials for meetings, training sessions, investigations, and site reviews or provides lead support to supportive staff.
- Provides support and maintenance of the unit`s copiers, fax machines and other machinery in the office.
- Conducts routine maintenance, troubleshooting and periodic repair status checks.
- Facilitates repair calls as necessary.
- Prepares materials for dissemination to providers, including re-certification notifications
- Prepares mailing lists, merges documents, tracks and archives mailing lists for compliance history.
- Provides detailed information on program regulations; advises the public on program applicability and requirements; explains related laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to potential providers; advises and assists potential providers in setting up services.
- Must stay abreast of regulation, policy and systems changes.
- Provides technical assistance to applicants and providers regarding certification application process, setting up Background Check accounts, and corresponding with the SDS fiscal agent for billing purposes.
- Processes incoming initial and renewal applications for Medicaid Waiver and Personal Care Assistance Certification Application for completeness of required information according to state and federal regulations.
- Monitors Provider Certification email inbox which is the publicly posted email and web portal for all providers and applicants.
- Various reports of incidents, inquiries, complaints and questions flow through this email and must be routinely monitored and re-routed.
- An in-depth knowledge of SDS programs and their inter-relationships must be maintained in order to able to manage this duty.
- Responds to and takes appropriate action when within prescribed parameters, redirects to the correct professional staff when beyond knowledge base or those parameters, routes various emails to specific professional staff for decisions and action.
- Must use good judgment to determine level and routing of communications.
- Serves as subject matter expert on records retention procedures and archiving/off-site storage processes and advises professional staff on these procedures.
- Helps keep Provider Certification records and files organized and complete. Ongoing filing and policy and procedures toward electronic record keeping.
- Provides records copies for various records requests for criminal cases, public requests, etc.
- Ensure complete records are provided.
- Experience managing a database and using a CRM
- A talent for customer service, with outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Team player, who cares deeply about his or her own work and also helps colleagues succeed
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic; Not easily discouraged
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and a fact checker
- Resourceful problem solver, who finds ways around road blocks
- Emotionally mature and self-reliant; tolerates ambiguity and maintains positive, respectful professional relationships
- Developing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, recording operational procedures and system logs
- Monitoring and reports web statistics and makes recommendations to managers to improve visibility and usability of web site
- Performing web server backup and recovery operations
- Developing, designing and delivering web site structure for Internet/Intranet sites
- Analyzing and making recommendations to enhance performance, including upgrading and acquiring new systems
Policies & Procedures
- Contribute to formal policies during development phases
- Design and format forms used internally and externally
- Write technical tutorials and processes for future staff reference
Graphs & Charts
Develop, design, create charts, graphs and reports for work flow, division and Federal reporting
- Business process upgrades such as repairs to public search tools working with various members of management and IT
- Equipment needs such as the unit’s need of faster, more efficient multi-function copier equipment or desktop equipment
- Develop and continually improve processes
- Research and write resumes and Curriculum Vitae; assist clients in successfully attaining goals
- Design and write tutorials, diagrams and hands on training methods
- Develop and update training material, teach and tutor classes in Introduction to Computers; MS Office Certification preparation
- Effectively explain ideas and information to both technical and managerial users
- Explain many MS Office skills to others ensuring efficient application use
Books & Publications
Technology Testing & Maintenance
- Successful testing of early release of new technology for IT before roll out to full staff – currently testing Windows 10 and Office 2013 build resulting in improvements for division when IT fully upgrades.
- First line of defense for general computer issues for unit – many basic technical questions are brought to me before an IT ticket is created
- Can understand copier error codes and resolve some issues without calling for service saving company thousands – the first two copiers the unit had were not under a warranty and a call for repair was $200+ per visit.
- Manage social media accounts, website and marketing for small businesses
- Track marketing efforts to increase visitor conversion for small businesses
- Website design, development, including hand coded and Word Press based websites for small businesses
- Streamline administrative processes, database improvements, data tracking and report processes
- Research date & bates stamping equipment purchase to reduce clerical and administrative processing time
- Develop and edit checklists to ensure applications processing efficiency using Visual Basic programming
- Develop note entry process to provide accurate data for weekly reporting processes
- Write business document to correct errors and improve data results for public search tool
- Provide information to help other divisions with efforts to share data
- Reclassification of personnel from clerical to technical and paraprofessional level positions
- Gather data and develop monthly statistic tracking and reporting for internal use and grant reporting
- Lead, train and delegate tasks to clerical staff
- Contribute input on applicant interviews, selection or termination
- Review candidate resumes and qualifications
- Give input for final decisions
- Analyze skills and issues of career seekers for position matching, resumes, cover letters, and interviews
- Introduced multiple changes to daily processes to improve efficiency by 30-50%
- Date stamping equipment – born of the need to have proof of date documents are received due to lawsuits and fair hearings
- Reduce Management’s information systems data entry 50%; improved time management
- Create and maintain unit UMLs outlining processes used.
- Maintain non-certified providers ensuring accurate data and updates are made
- “Critical Incident Report Tracking” system and statistics generation
- Trained MASST personnel to assist with large archiving project including classification and proper retention of files
Design, planning, management and implementation of projects:
- “Habilitation Homes Project” to connect licensed homes with certified agencies
- Additional information entered for Day Habilitation, Respite and Chore providers
- Ongoing maintenance and reporting of connecting homes
- Implement final product to reveal compliance issues and regulatory issues
- Compliance Checklist – Merging Multiple tools into a cohesive portable workbook that will take the project from beginning to end.
- Certification Checklist -Used with every application that crosses my desk to help track what should be in the file. It provides a table of contents for each provider’s record.
- Mail merging – convinced management and IT of the need for reports to allow mail merging of regular letters versus spending a whole day manually typing and addressing letters to 30-50 providers per month.
- Generate ad hoc and regular reports on count and status of providers correcting data entry as needed
- Administrator of Division Archiving SharePoint as well as subject matter expert for system
- Administrator of Unit SharePoint – Develop tracking tools for unit while division database is in development
- Records retention subject matter expert
- Introduced electronic records as a means to save on records requests for litigation and information sharing across divisions state wide